Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Big Boy Room Reveal

We finally took the plunge and moved our little man into a big boy bed.  He is almost 3 1/2 and was definitely ready.  I am never ready for new phases with my babies but getting a chance to decorate a new room sure helps!    

This was his room before the switch.  I posted about it here.


First up was a new wall color.  I chose Polar Star by Valspar.  I was super happy with my choice.


Here is his room upon entering today.


Would you believe my sister found that old school desk (that I LOVE) at a Goodwill for only $8?  She called me right away and asked if I wanted it.  Sisters are awesome.

He requested a "cars and trucks" room and that is what he got.  I acquired the wall decor through Etsy, Hobby Lobby, The Country Living Fair, my basement, my Mom, and one of my big sisters.  


I simply taped old car photos inside of frames.


His birthday is July 15th which is the meaning behind the 715.




The license plates are from states where my husband and I were born or where we grew up.


The Valvoline hat from his Halloween costume was perfect to hang on a hook in his room.



My sister started collecting bouncy balls for me a long time ago when I mentioned they would be cute in a jar.  And the little jar is filled with Daddy's old micro machines.


I loved the front of these maps so I just pinned them to the wall inside of an empty frame.


Of course you know there had to be a banner in his room.  Cheaper than curtains and a curtain rod and I love them!


The bedding is actually the underside of a Pottery Barn plane quilt that I found at a yard sale when he was a baby for only $5.  I wanted a red quilt so I flipped it over and it works great!


The bed was around when Daddy was little and the sheets were ones he actually slept on.  The pillows were made by my Mom and I using an old shirt of Daddy's, a Silhouette studio image of an old car, and a plane cut from my son's old shirt.


I love his new room.


It was a hit with our little mechanic too.


Thanks for stopping by Lemon Tree today!  

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

TBonesMom November 22, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

Love it. With a side of You Rock! It's perfectly done. I love themed rooms for kids. :)

Erin A November 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

Oh sheesh Tiffany, it's awesome! Only you could make bunting look cool in a big boy room. It's perfect in every way. :)

Erica November 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Great! I love what you did with the maps and license plates. Perfect room for you little man!

Brooke @ Spruce Your Nest November 22, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

I absolutely love it!!

Nikki November 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Super cute. I love that you took the time to put MEANING into all of the artwork (the license plates, 715, etc.) PS - I want a jar of bouncy balls now! :)

lej619 November 22, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

this is so awesome. love the new look.!! thanks for sharing

MrsElleB January 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

May I ask where you got the stop light wall art? I've been looking for one like that, for an alphabet wall I'm doing in the new babies nursery. It will be the I!

Tiffany January 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM  

Hi MrsElleB, I got the stoplight wall art at Hobby Lobby. It was only $5. : ) Gotta love that! Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails